13th New Jersey

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
      I just got a 13th New Jersey commemorative badge that has:

      D=Society

      ...on it. Anyone have any idea what this means? Thanks.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
        Stephen,

        Can you share a photo with us?

        God. --Anonymous

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
          You betcha:

          http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/13NJ_society.jpg

          Thanks.
          -sjr

          On Tuesday, December 5, 2006, at 02:11 PM, G E Mayers wrote:

          > Stephen,
          >
          > Can you share a photo with us?

        • Brian Downey
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
            Hi Stephen,

            It looks like it might refer to Company D. See a clue from the NJ
            Historical Society here:

            http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaid.php?aid=0352

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              Brian,

              Yow, that's some clue. Many thanks. Amazing.

              Cheers,
              Stephen