Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: AoNV Victory

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
      James,

      If that is what you want, then may I suggest Dixie Victorious, a book
      of essays (counter factuals) about how the South could have won the
      war? There are a couple of essays dealing with Sharpsburg and the
      battles around South Mountain.

      God. --Anonymous
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
        I just got a 13th New Jersey commemorative badge that has:

        D=Society

        ...on it. Anyone have any idea what this means? Thanks.

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
          Stephen,

          Can you share a photo with us?

          God. --Anonymous

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
            You betcha:

            http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/13NJ_society.jpg

            Thanks.
            -sjr

            On Tuesday, December 5, 2006, at 02:11 PM, G E Mayers wrote:

            > Stephen,
            >
            > Can you share a photo with us?

          • Brian Downey
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              Hi Stephen,

              It looks like it might refer to Company D. See a clue from the NJ
              Historical Society here:

              http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaid.php?aid=0352

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                Brian,

                Yow, that's some clue. Many thanks. Amazing.

                Cheers,
                Stephen