Re: AoNV Victory

  • James W. Durney
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
      This isn't any help at all!

      I don't care about "technical", having heard all the BS about Lee's
      victories from Antietam to the Overland Campaign. I need a realistic
      way, that the AoNV holds the field and the AOP falls back.

      Any ideas?

      James
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
        James,

        If that is what you want, then may I suggest Dixie Victorious, a book
        of essays (counter factuals) about how the South could have won the
        war? There are a couple of essays dealing with Sharpsburg and the
        battles around South Mountain.

        God. --Anonymous

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
          I just got a 13th New Jersey commemorative badge that has:

          D=Society

          ...on it. Anyone have any idea what this means? Thanks.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
            Stephen,

            Can you share a photo with us?

            God. --Anonymous

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              You betcha:

              http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/13NJ_society.jpg

              Thanks.
              -sjr

              On Tuesday, December 5, 2006, at 02:11 PM, G E Mayers wrote:

              > Stephen,
              >
              > Can you share a photo with us?

            • Brian Downey
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                Hi Stephen,

                It looks like it might refer to Company D. See a clue from the NJ
                Historical Society here:

                http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaid.php?aid=0352

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Brian,

                  Yow, that's some clue. Many thanks. Amazing.

                  Cheers,
                  Stephen