RE: [TalkAntietam] AoNV Victory

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
      No they sure didn't, sorry about that Harry.

      >>> "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...> 11/28/06 11:06 AM >>>

      The Steelers will play again this coming weekend, but that doesn't mean they
      won in Baltimore on Sunday!

      Harry

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
        This isn't any help at all!

        I don't care about "technical", having heard all the BS about Lee's
        victories from Antietam to the Overland Campaign. I need a realistic
        way, that the AoNV holds the field and the AOP falls back.

        Any ideas?

        James
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
          James,

          If that is what you want, then may I suggest Dixie Victorious, a book
          of essays (counter factuals) about how the South could have won the
          war? There are a couple of essays dealing with Sharpsburg and the
          battles around South Mountain.

          God. --Anonymous

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
            I just got a 13th New Jersey commemorative badge that has:

            D=Society

            ...on it. Anyone have any idea what this means? Thanks.

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              Stephen,

              Can you share a photo with us?

              God. --Anonymous

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                You betcha:

                http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/13NJ_society.jpg

                Thanks.
                -sjr

                On Tuesday, December 5, 2006, at 02:11 PM, G E Mayers wrote:

                > Stephen,
                >
                > Can you share a photo with us?

              • Brian Downey
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Hi Stephen,

                  It looks like it might refer to Company D. See a clue from the NJ
                  Historical Society here:

                  http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaid.php?aid=0352

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                    Brian,

                    Yow, that's some clue. Many thanks. Amazing.

                    Cheers,
                    Stephen