RE: [TalkAntietam] AoNV Victory

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
      The Steelers will play again this coming weekend, but that doesn't mean they
      won in Baltimore on Sunday!

      Harry

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
        No they sure didn't, sorry about that Harry.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
          This isn't any help at all!

          I don't care about "technical", having heard all the BS about Lee's
          victories from Antietam to the Overland Campaign. I need a realistic
          way, that the AoNV holds the field and the AOP falls back.

          Any ideas?

          James
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 28, 2006
            James,

            If that is what you want, then may I suggest Dixie Victorious, a book
            of essays (counter factuals) about how the South could have won the
            war? There are a couple of essays dealing with Sharpsburg and the
            battles around South Mountain.

            God. --Anonymous

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              I just got a 13th New Jersey commemorative badge that has:

              D=Society

              ...on it. Anyone have any idea what this means? Thanks.

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                Stephen,

                Can you share a photo with us?

                God. --Anonymous

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                  You betcha:

                  http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/13NJ_society.jpg

                  Thanks.
                  -sjr

                  On Tuesday, December 5, 2006, at 02:11 PM, G E Mayers wrote:

                  > Stephen,
                  >
                  > Can you share a photo with us?

                • Brian Downey
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                    Hi Stephen,

                    It looks like it might refer to Company D. See a clue from the NJ
                    Historical Society here:

                    http://www.jerseyhistory.org/findingaid.php?aid=0352

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                      Brian,

                      Yow, that's some clue. Many thanks. Amazing.

                      Cheers,
                      Stephen