Re: sorry

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2006
      Dear Brian,

      Just copy your answer and then post it to TalkAntietam group.

      Even though you are one of the rangers at Antietam NBP, however, I
      think the Mumma farm only extended to the Hagerstown Turnpike section
      of the Sunken Rod and the Mumma Farm Lane. The Roulettes owned, IIRC,
      all the land which bordered on the lane to the north from the Mumma
      Farm lane/fenceline over towards the Antietam Creek section or at
      least close towards the Boonsboro Turnpike.

      Mr. Piper owned all the land on the southern side of the Sunken Road
      down to the Boonsboro Pike, as the Swale between the Cornfield and
      Orchard and his farm buildings is known as the Piper Swale.

      That said, the Kern photo seems to show the house on the South side of
      the Sunken Road, not the northern side. Is there anyway we can be sure
      of the actual orientation?

      God. --Anonymous