Antietam NPS website redesigned

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
      Good analysis Brian. I do hope they get the broken links fixed and the downloads to the public domain photos. I used the public domain photos a great deal in my classroom. The students really enjoy them, and I use photos from all time periods as topics for essays and discussions.

      Paula

      From: "Brian Downey" <bdowney@...>
      Thanks for the heads-up on this Tom. I like the way the new site
      works (but not how it's coded!). I've blogged a mini-review here:

      http://aotw.org/blog/2006/08/25/anb-park-website-redone/

      for what it's worth.

      I'm with you on the Anniversary hikes. Looks kinda thin. Part of the
      same problem we've talked of before?

      Brian

      --- Visit Your Group
      Civil war history
      Civil war battle of antietam
      Civil war battles
      Civil war
      Yahoo! News
      Celebrity News
      Get the latest
      gossip/news
      Yahoo! TV
      Staying in tonight?
      Check Daily Picks &
      see what to watch.
      Y! GeoCities
      Create a Web Site
      Easy-to-use tools.
      Get started now..

    • Tom Shay
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
        Nice review by Brian. One big positive is that the park brochures are now
        available as PDFs.

        I will still go to Antietam for the anniversary weekend (likely on Saturday
        9-16). However, the anniversary tours seem to be essentially re-runs of
        prior years.

        IMHO, this entire year's offerings at Antietam have been a big
        disappointment when compared to any of the last 10 years. The off-the-beaten
        path tours were a significant inspiration for my many return trips to that
        field.