Re: Antietam NPS website redesigned

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
      Thanks for the heads-up on this Tom. I like the way the new site
      works (but not how it's coded!). I've blogged a mini-review here:

      http://aotw.org/blog/2006/08/25/anb-park-website-redone/

      for what it's worth.

      I'm with you on the Anniversary hikes. Looks kinda thin. Part of the
      same problem we've talked of before?

      Brian

      http://www.nps.gov/anti/

      >... I hope that's not the final edition, as it's rather generic and
      doesn't offer any of the unusual hikes we've come to expect for the
      anniversary.

    • 128thpa@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
        Good analysis Brian. I do hope they get the broken links fixed and the downloads to the public domain photos. I used the public domain photos a great deal in my classroom. The students really enjoy them, and I use photos from all time periods as topics for essays and discussions.

        Paula

        From: "Brian Downey" <bdowney@...>
        Thanks for the heads-up on this Tom. I like the way the new site
        works (but not how it's coded!). I've blogged a mini-review here:

        http://aotw.org/blog/2006/08/25/anb-park-website-redone/

        for what it's worth.

        I'm with you on the Anniversary hikes. Looks kinda thin. Part of the
        same problem we've talked of before?

        Brian

        --- Visit Your Group
        Civil war history
        Civil war battle of antietam
        Civil war battles
        Civil war
        Yahoo! News
        Celebrity News
        Get the latest
        gossip/news
        Yahoo! TV
        Staying in tonight?
        Check Daily Picks &
        see what to watch.
        Y! GeoCities
        Create a Web Site
        Easy-to-use tools.
        Get started now..

      • Tom Shay
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
          Nice review by Brian. One big positive is that the park brochures are now
          available as PDFs.

          I will still go to Antietam for the anniversary weekend (likely on Saturday
          9-16). However, the anniversary tours seem to be essentially re-runs of
          prior years.

          IMHO, this entire year's offerings at Antietam have been a big
          disappointment when compared to any of the last 10 years. The off-the-beaten
          path tours were a significant inspiration for my many return trips to that
          field.