29th Massachusetts at Antietam

  • Scott Hann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006
      I'm trying to research Capt. Henry R. Sibley, Co. H, 29th
      Massachusetts and his regiment at Antietam. Sibley had a "narrow
      escape from death" at Antietam. For years I've been trying to find
      out what that "narrow escape" was. Do any of our members have access
      to newspaper or unpublished accounts of the 29th at Antietam? I'm
      especially interested in soldiers' letters and diaries. Thanks for
      helping me solve this mystery. Scott