If they'd wanted me to take the bridge...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2006
      I seem to remember reading somewhere that George Crook said, after the
      war, and after getting lost trying to find Burnside Bridge, "...if
      they'd wanted me to take the bridge they would've told me where it was."

      Has anyone else ever heard this quote? If so where is it from. Thanks.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2006
        Da'ohh. I meant to quote Crook as, "..if they'd wanted me to take the
        bridge they SHould've told me where it was."