Battlefield to present 1ST TEXAS weekend

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19 4:43 AM
      Antietam Battlefield to present '1st Texas' weekend ...
      Living history volunteers from Medich's Confederate Battalion will tell the story of the men from the 1st Texas regiment at Antietam. Weapons and tactics demonstrations will be held throughout Saturday and Sunday, July 29 and 30, with ongoing interpretation in the camp throughout the day.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21 4:39 PM
        I seem to remember reading somewhere that George Crook said, after the
        war, and after getting lost trying to find Burnside Bridge, "...if
        they'd wanted me to take the bridge they would've told me where it was."

        Has anyone else ever heard this quote? If so where is it from. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21 4:52 PM
          Da'ohh. I meant to quote Crook as, "..if they'd wanted me to take the
          bridge they SHould've told me where it was."