Re: [TalkAntietam] Trip report from Artillery Day June 10

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 12, 2006
      I also have a clip of the firing in which one cannon misfired. I can post it later.

      Only anti-rally people were allowed onto Mumma Farm via Smoketown Road. The NPS police asked each person whether they were pro- and anti- rally. Anyone supporting the rally had to go to elsewhere to some designated spot, then they were brought in via white vans to the opposite side. I had to go thru a metal-detector and was required to stand in a specific marked-off area across from Mumma Barn. There was also a media-only area, which was between pro- and anti- areas. The press were there in force, solicitinging everyone for anyone quotes.

      On a nicer note, I was chatting with the NPS policeman, when I noticed via his badge id that it was Rory Moore, former ranger at Antietam. He's now at Gettysburg.

      From: "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 13, 2006
        We rotate. I narrated two programs, served as battery commander for
        one, and commanded the left section for two.
        Tom C.

        >>> gerry1952@... 06/12/06 4:20 PM >>>
        Dear Tom C;

        Ah, so you were an officer this time! Were you the battery commander
        for the purpose of the demonstrations?

        Finally saw the videos...took a very long while to download as I have
        dialup. But impressive!

        God. --Anonymous