Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Battlefield off beaten path sites and question

    Message 1 of 16 , May 29, 2006
      More likely C. M. Douglas' brigade from Lawton's Div.

      >>> camdensquare@... 05/29/06 8:48 AM >>>
    • susansevier2003
      Message 2 of 16 , May 30, 2006
        After I posted my first message about Schell, I noticed John M. Priest
        includes this incident in his Antietam book. Priest says that Frank
        Schell sketched the wounded Confederate and his dead father shortly
        after the artist "crossed the left of the 21 Georgia's former line"
        (page 167). The 21st GA, part of Trimble's [Walker's] brigade, had
        been sent forward to shore up Lawton and Ripley's line between Mumma's
        lane and the Cornfield.

        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com> , "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>

        Message 3 of 16 , May 31, 2006