Re: FW: [TalkAntietam] 125th PA regimental history

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 2:04 PM
      Wow, thanks Harry, this is great stuff. One thing this collaborates what I have found in 128th correspondence that Mansfield did attempt to deploy the 128th after Croasdale was killed. I have believed that this was the sequence of events, and this is another piece to the puzzle.

      Thanks,

      Paula

      From: "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...>
      I posted this last night, but it still hasn't shown up.

      From: "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...>
      I ask this here because this book is heavily weighted with Antietam
      accounts.

      I picked up an ex-lib copy of this book - marked up but all in one piece and
      not falling apart - for $15 today. It's not a reprint, but has orange
      instead of blue boards so I'm thinking the library (Erie Public) had this
      rebound at some point.

      Anyway, there is lots of good stuff in this, and I see that it's pretty
      pricey on Bookfinder. So, if you're looking for 125th or 12th Corps stuff,
      let me know. There is also a roster and some really nice portrait
      photographs along with some drawings I've never seen before.

      Harry

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Civil
      history