Re: Hooker @ West Point

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
      Brian Downey wrote:

      > FWIW, Stephen, Heitmann has Hooker at #29. At least that's what my
      > copy looks like.

      Mine too, Brian, as does the official register for the class of
      1837. Among the familiar names of classmates who ranked higher than
      Joe are Edward Townsend, Jubal Early, John Sedgwick, and John
      Pemberton. To find more on Hooker and his career go to:

      http://www.library.usma.edu/archives/special.asp

      Hooker's Cullum number is 919, which is the way you need to search
      for him.

      Teej
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
        Yes, Patti Faust's book has 29th too. However, I don't think too much
        should be made of the ranking. As your list demonstates, rank had
        little to do with success in a military career.

        >>> teej@... 4/28/2006 12:39:18 PM >>>

        Brian Downey wrote:

        > FWIW, Stephen, Heitmann has Hooker at #29. At least that's what my
        > copy looks like.

        Mine too, Brian, as does the official register for the class of
        1837. Among the familiar names of classmates who ranked higher than
        Joe are Edward Townsend, Jubal Early, John Sedgwick, and John
        Pemberton. To find more on Hooker and his career go to:

        http://www.library.usma.edu/archives/special.asp

        Hooker's Cullum number is 919, which is the way you need to search
        for him.

        Teej

        Civil war history Civil war battles Civil war
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
          Fair enough, then. 29th it is! Thanks for chiming in, ya'll.

          Stephen