Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hooker @ West Point

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
      Interesting. It was on the Internet, so it must be true. ;-)

      I got my info from Harper's Weekly:

      http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/civil-war/1863/february/
      fighting-joe-hooker-biography.htm

      Stephen

      On Friday, April 28, 2006, at 12:06 PM, Brian Downey wrote:

      > FWIW, Stephen, Heitmann has Hooker at #29. At least that's what my
      > copy looks like.
    • barringer63
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
        Brian Downey wrote:

        > FWIW, Stephen, Heitmann has Hooker at #29. At least that's what my
        > copy looks like.

        Mine too, Brian, as does the official register for the class of
        1837. Among the familiar names of classmates who ranked higher than
        Joe are Edward Townsend, Jubal Early, John Sedgwick, and John
        Pemberton. To find more on Hooker and his career go to:

        http://www.library.usma.edu/archives/special.asp

        Hooker's Cullum number is 919, which is the way you need to search
        for him.

        Teej
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
          Yes, Patti Faust's book has 29th too. However, I don't think too much
          should be made of the ranking. As your list demonstates, rank had
          little to do with success in a military career.

          >>> teej@... 4/28/2006 12:39:18 PM >>>

          Brian Downey wrote:

          > FWIW, Stephen, Heitmann has Hooker at #29. At least that's what my
          > copy looks like.

          Mine too, Brian, as does the official register for the class of
          1837. Among the familiar names of classmates who ranked higher than
          Joe are Edward Townsend, Jubal Early, John Sedgwick, and John
          Pemberton. To find more on Hooker and his career go to:

          http://www.library.usma.edu/archives/special.asp

          Hooker's Cullum number is 919, which is the way you need to search
          for him.

          Teej

          Civil war history Civil war battles Civil war
          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2006
            Fair enough, then. 29th it is! Thanks for chiming in, ya'll.

            Stephen