Re: [TalkAntietam] 8th Georgia

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 12, 2006
      Actually my Antietam book is dedicated (in part) to Walter Smith -- a
      private tour-giver who spent two days with me on the field. The moment I
      met him he saked, "How long to you think we'll be out there today?" I said,
      "Till the sun goes down or victory is won!" We became great friends. He
      taught me a great deal that Sears left out and made my book better. Walter
      later suffered a heart attack at the park preparing to give another of his
      well-loved tours. I will never forget those two beautiful days. Gop bless
      Watler Somit all all of those who share his passion.

      Richard