Re: More than 100 dead in single fight

  • Scott Hann
    Message 1 of 74 , Apr 9 7:57 AM
      Hey buddy! It might have been in Fox's Regimental Losses in the Civil
      War. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Antietam had the highest
      number of surgeons killed in a single battle: four. At Gettysburg I
      think one was killed and thirteen wounded. I don't know how many
      surgeons were wounded at Antietam, but know one or two surgeons from
      the 14th Connecticut had a narrow escape at the Roulette Farm. Scott

      > I'm trying to remember where I read that the 15th Mass. in the West
      > Woods was one of only four regiments in the CW that suffered more
      than
      > 100 dead in a single engagement. Anyone know where I might've read
      > that? Thanks.
      >
      > Stephen

    • Scott Hann
      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 9 7:57 AM