More than 100 dead in single fight

    Message 1 of 74 , Apr 4, 2006
      I'm trying to remember where I read that the 15th Mass. in the West
      Woods was one of only four regiments in the CW that suffered more than
      100 dead in a single engagement. Anyone know where I might've read
      that? Thanks.

      Stephen
    • Scott Hann
      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 9, 2006
        Hey buddy! It might have been in Fox's Regimental Losses in the Civil
        War. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Antietam had the highest
        number of surgeons killed in a single battle: four. At Gettysburg I
        think one was killed and thirteen wounded. I don't know how many
        surgeons were wounded at Antietam, but know one or two surgeons from
        the 14th Connecticut had a narrow escape at the Roulette Farm. Scott