RE: [TalkAntietam] Antietam, the Lost Order

  • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
    Message 1 of 74 , Apr 4 10:24 AM
      As I think I mentioned awhile back (in the other group, maybe), I'm
      rereading some Catton....and he posits a great what-if...if Col. Lee had
      been in command instead of Twiggs (which could actually have happened)
      when Texas seceded.

      The incredibly moral man would have told TX to go **** itself.

      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 9 7:57 AM
        Hey buddy! It might have been in Fox's Regimental Losses in the Civil
        War. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Antietam had the highest
        number of surgeons killed in a single battle: four. At Gettysburg I
        think one was killed and thirteen wounded. I don't know how many
        surgeons were wounded at Antietam, but know one or two surgeons from
        the 14th Connecticut had a narrow escape at the Roulette Farm. Scott