Re: Antietam part of History Channel series

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
      Tom Shay wrote:
      <Snip>

      Riford said the documentary re-creates scenes that led to Alexander
      Gordon's famous photographs of dead soldiers and explores other
      significant aspects of the Civil War battle.

      A bit of "nit picking" here but shouldn't that be "Alexander
      Gardner?"

      Teej
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
        Yes it should, but Riford is a tourism guy, not a historian.

        >>> teej@... 4/4/2006 9:29:55 AM >>>

        Tom Shay wrote:
        <Snip>

        Riford said the documentary re-creates scenes that led to Alexander
        Gordon's famous photographs of dead soldiers and explores other
        significant aspects of the Civil War battle.

        A bit of "nit picking" here but shouldn't that be "Alexander
        Gardner?"

        Teej

        Civil war history Civil war battles Civil war
        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
          Tom and Stephen,

          Thanks for the explanation.

          1788

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
            That's not nit-picking at all. That's just right.