Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam part of History Channel series

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
      Tom;

      What is Antietam Partners? What do they do to help the ANBP?

      1788

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
        I'm not Tom, but I know a little about the WMIA. They are the park
        non-profit. They run the bookstore and the private guide service at the
        visitor center. They donate all of their profits to the park, which
        adds up to big bucks. They also administer the preservation
        fund-raising efforts such as adopt-a-cannon and the adopt-a-monument
        program on virtualantietam.com.

        The adopt-a-monument program is actually quite cool. Go to
        http://www.virtualantietam.com and search for a monument, such as the
        Maryland State monument. At the bottom of the detail page there is a
        list of names of donors that have paid to have their dedication listed
        there. They actually have some folks who have endowed monuments through
        this program. It's turning into a money-maker for the park preservation
        program.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
          Stephen;

          I know about the WMIA...are they the same as Antietam Partners?

          1788

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
            It is the fund-raising arm of the Bookstore for Antietam and Monocacy.
            They donate money, publicize events, etc.
            Tom Clemens

            >>> gerry1952@... 4/4/2006 8:45:04 AM >>>

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
              I'm sorry. Yup, same thing. Antietam Partner is the name of the
              fund-raising branch of the WMIA.

              http://www.virtualantietam.com/partner/index.html

              Stephen

              On Tuesday, April 4, 2006, at 09:13 AM, G E Mayers wrote:

              > Stephen;
              >
              > I know about the WMIA...are they the same as Antietam Partners?
            • barringer63
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                Tom Shay wrote:
                <Snip>

                Riford said the documentary re-creates scenes that led to Alexander
                Gordon's famous photographs of dead soldiers and explores other
                significant aspects of the Civil War battle.

                A bit of "nit picking" here but shouldn't that be "Alexander
                Gardner?"

                Teej
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                  Yes it should, but Riford is a tourism guy, not a historian.

                  >>> teej@... 4/4/2006 9:29:55 AM >>>

                  Tom Shay wrote:
                  <Snip>

                  Riford said the documentary re-creates scenes that led to Alexander
                  Gordon's famous photographs of dead soldiers and explores other
                  significant aspects of the Civil War battle.

                  A bit of "nit picking" here but shouldn't that be "Alexander
                  Gardner?"

                  Teej

                  Civil war history Civil war battles Civil war
                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                    Tom and Stephen,

                    Thanks for the explanation.

                    1788

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                      That's not nit-picking at all. That's just right.