Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam, the Lost Order

    Message 1 of 74 , Apr 3 6:12 PM
      It has been a while since I looked at it, but IIRC, it was good. He
      obviously was hero-worshipping the Hoosiers, but a lot of people do that
      for their own heroes. His article on Who Lost the Lost Order was not so
      good, very speculative. What's th line Harry, "full of human
      foibles....?"
      Tom

      >>> teej@... 4/3/2006 1:21:03 PM >>>

      Tom,

      > No, but due to the title and topic I guess I'll have to read it.
      Sigh.

      Speaking of books that cover the Lost Order, what do you think of
      Wilbur
      Jones' "Giants in the Cornfield: the 27th Indiana Infantry?"

      Teej

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Scott Hann
      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 9 7:57 AM
        Hey buddy! It might have been in Fox's Regimental Losses in the Civil
        War. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Antietam had the highest
        number of surgeons killed in a single battle: four. At Gettysburg I
        think one was killed and thirteen wounded. I don't know how many
        surgeons were wounded at Antietam, but know one or two surgeons from
        the 14th Connecticut had a narrow escape at the Roulette Farm. Scott