RE: [TalkAntietam] Antietam, the Lost Order

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 74 , Apr 2, 2006
      "With as much emphasis given to human foibles as to troop movements, this
      book will appeal to a wide audience beyond Civil War devotees."

      I hate to sound negative, but there is enough in this one sentence from the
      book's promo to send me running away.

      Harry

      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 9, 2006
        Hey buddy! It might have been in Fox's Regimental Losses in the Civil
        War. Also, to the best of my knowledge, Antietam had the highest
        number of surgeons killed in a single battle: four. At Gettysburg I
        think one was killed and thirteen wounded. I don't know how many
        surgeons were wounded at Antietam, but know one or two surgeons from
        the 14th Connecticut had a narrow escape at the Roulette Farm. Scott