Burkittsville, Maryland photograph

  • thomasdledward
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2006
      Some of you may remembr the "Blair Witch" project that came about back
      in 1999. I happend to keep my copy of the Newspaper with the
      'article' about this and in the process I scanned a photograph of the
      Lutheran Union Cemetery and Church there in Burkittsville from the
      Newspaper.

      The photograph is in color, but still, not all that clear having been
      scanned from the Newspaper.
      Point is, for the benefit of those who may not live in Maryland or are
      not familiar with the geographic areas in and around Antietam/South
      Mountain of which these areas all played a critical role in the Battle.

      I've been to this church and cemetary many times in my youth, and
      there are many people buried here from this time period and some/few
      from the Battle of South Mountain.

      Best,

      David Townsend