Re: [TalkAntietam] The First Shot

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2001
      Tom;

      IIRC, there is a small plaque or marker in the nnw corner of that
      part of the West Woods on the auto tour route near by the iron
      howitzer that purports to say the first shot of the Battle of
      Sharpsburg came from that gun (or one very much like it) which
      was part of the 1st Balto. Light Arty;.

      Do you recall seeing that?

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2001
        In a message dated 07/18/2001 10:41:44 PM EST, gerry1952@... writes:
        << small plaque or marker in the nnw corner of that part of the West Woods on
        the auto tour route near by the iron howitzer that purports to say the first
        shot of the Battle of Sharpsburg came from that gun (or one very much like
        it) which was part of the 1st Balto. Light Arty; >>

        I dont' recall seeing the marker, but thanks for the info.
        As Tom Clemens also concurs with that response, it sounds good to me.

        Tom Shay - Cressona, PA