Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam Trip Report

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 18, 2001
      In a message dated 07/17/2001 4:01:43 PM EST, gwjchris@... writes:
      << Barber was the superintendent of the harpers Ferry Arsenal.
      Did Dennis take you to the Antietam Iron Furnace site at the point where
      Antietam Creek connects with the Potomac? Many of the Ninth Corps units were
      camped there in the weeks after the battle. >>

      Greetings Bill!

      Thanks for clarifyng who Barber was.

      No, we didn't get to Antietam Iron Furnace. Indeed, that is one area which I
      have yet to explore. I'd also like to see the aqueduct site which Walker
      tried to
      destroy. Plus, I've not yet visited the Monocacy battlefield. So plenty of
      reasons for another excursion!

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA
    • John Priest
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 18, 2001
        Great - contact me by private e-mail. Mike Priest