RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: McClellan Post-War Visit(s) toAntietam?

    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 20, 2006
      I don't defend anyone. I avoid saying thingsd I know are incorrect, and
      tell the truth, but perhaps you interpret that as defense.

      >>> jbeckner@... 2/20/2006 10:48:41 AM >>>
      Gosh, I hope so. In the meantime I'll amuse myself with the irony of a
      gentleman who steadfastly defends a universally disparged general
      characterizing others as "flailing away."

      Please keep me posted on the ongoing effort to get history to do true
      justice to Gen. George B. McClellan.

      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 21, 2006
        What's the term that modern psychology uses to explain "it" quite well?
        Come on, modern psychology has a term for EVERYTHING.

        What is its term for a condition in which an individual has an exaggerated
        sense of self importance while at the same time feels a lack of confidence
        in his ability?

        This is very interesting. I've never heard anyone before come out and
        accuse McClellan of having low self esteem. But here it is in black and
        white!

        Harry