Re: Lee's Reasons for Retreating to Sharpsburg (plus two quick questions)

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
      Brian Downey wrote:

      > Hi Philip,
      >
      > I've not seen the Upper Bridge called "Sumner's" anywhere else
      either.

      The only reference to a "Sumner's Bridge" that I could find is that
      it is an alternate name for Grapevine Bridge on the Chickahominy.

      Teej
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2006
        It is called Sumner's Bridge infrequently in Antietam literature, and
        also, alternatively, Hooker's or Doubleday's Bridge.

        >>> teej@... 02/17/06 6:53 PM >>>