Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hoffman Farm Hospital

  • wutheringheights@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16 1:31 PM
      Tom:

      You and John are more than welcome. I'm in the middle of a little side project, but when I'm finished I'll send you part of my research/photos. I know that I have a 13th MA enlisted man who died on the Hoffman Farm, although the records state that he was killed outright.

      Thanks for clarifying where the Hoffman Farm is. I had a vague idea, but erred to the west.

      Scott
      From: "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>
      That's great, I'd like to see them, and I know John Schildt would too.
      BTW, he is retiring this June and may be doing more writing,
      researching, etc. The Hoffman Farm is along Keedysville Road, and is
      marked by a sign identifying it as a Civil War Hospital. Save Historic
      Antietam Foundation puts these signs up, free, to any property owner of
      a documented hospital or Headquarters, and willing to have one.
      Tom Clemens

      >>> wutheringheights@... 2/16/2006 2:31:50 PM >>>

      Thanks Tom. I have a booklet written by John W. Schildt
      titled "Antietam Hospitals" which maps where the various hospitals
      were located on the battlefield. However, I never compared it to a
      modern map of the battlefield to see if it fell within their
      boundaries. In my collection I have at least one or two images of
      soldiers who died there, hence my interest in that important
      hospital. Scott

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS