Carman Manuscript @LoC

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hi Folks,

      I know some of you have used the Carman Manuscript at the Library of
      Congress (p/o Papers of Ezra Ayers Carman; LC Control Number: mm
      81015081).

      The LoC catalog says: "Microfilm edition available, in part, no.
      21,925. Microfilm produced from originals in the Manuscript Division.
      Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress Photoduplication Service, 2003".

      Has anyone seen the microfilm, and know what it contains?

      Thanks,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        Dear Brian,

        I believe Dr. Tom Clemens, who used part of the Carman MS as his
        doctoral dissertation, could probably help answer your question.

        1788

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
          Brian,
          There is Carman's Manuscript, which is roughly 1,800 pages and covers
          the entire MD campaign. Carman's Papers are also on microfilm. Mostly
          his notes and laetters written to him in the 1890s and early 1900.
          Antietam Battlefield has that microfilm, and it is what I am working
          with as I catalog Carman's work.

          >>> bdowney@... 02/02/06 8:13 PM >>>