RE: [TalkAntietam] Lawton Gordon Evans brigade

  • bdowney@aotw.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2006
      Hi Vic,

      For an easy place to start, there's some really good information online,
      most notably:

      Chris Brantley's site - http://users.erols.com/brant/GeorgiaBrigade/

      Chris has also compiled an extensive bibliography for further study
      here: http://users.erols.com/brant/GeorgiaBrigade/bibliography.html

      Most of the Regiments of the Brigade have histories in print. The US
      Army Military History Institute has compiled a comprehensive
      bibliography by regiments, and the Library of Congress lists their
      collection online, too. For example:
      http://www.loc.gov/rr/main/uscivilwar/E559561.html (start here:
      http://www.loc.gov/rr/main/uscivilwar/ )

      I hope these are helpful, best wishes on your project, and welcome to
      the group!

      Brian

    • Scott Mingus
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
        I have a lot of notes on this brigade from my research for my upcoming
        book, "Flames Beyond Gettysburg: The Gordon Expedition," which is due
        out in the late spring from Ironclad Publishing. Gordon's brigade
        paraded through York County, PA, where I currently live, and I
        assembled a fair amount of previously unpublished material.

        Let me know what you are looking for, nd perhaps I can help.

        Scott Mingus
        York, PA
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2006
          Does anyone know where I can get a schedule for the HFCWRT? Thanks.