Lawton Gordon Evans brigade

  • vicksburg91
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2006
      Iam writing a history of the above brigade. If anyon ehas info or
      books or know of any good noes. Please contact me asap
    • bdowney@aotw.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2006
        Hi Vic,

        For an easy place to start, there's some really good information online,
        most notably:

        Chris Brantley's site - http://users.erols.com/brant/GeorgiaBrigade/

        Chris has also compiled an extensive bibliography for further study
        here: http://users.erols.com/brant/GeorgiaBrigade/bibliography.html

        Most of the Regiments of the Brigade have histories in print. The US
        Army Military History Institute has compiled a comprehensive
        bibliography by regiments, and the Library of Congress lists their
        collection online, too. For example:
        http://www.loc.gov/rr/main/uscivilwar/E559561.html (start here:
        http://www.loc.gov/rr/main/uscivilwar/ )

        I hope these are helpful, best wishes on your project, and welcome to
        the group!

        Brian

      • Scott Mingus
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
          I have a lot of notes on this brigade from my research for my upcoming
          book, "Flames Beyond Gettysburg: The Gordon Expedition," which is due
          out in the late spring from Ironclad Publishing. Gordon's brigade
          paraded through York County, PA, where I currently live, and I
          assembled a fair amount of previously unpublished material.

          Let me know what you are looking for, nd perhaps I can help.

          Scott Mingus
          York, PA
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2006
            Does anyone know where I can get a schedule for the HFCWRT? Thanks.