Re: [TalkAntietam] Charlie King

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 17, 2006
      ahhhhhhhhhhh
      Am I misreading this? If he died at Antietam it is not likely that he was
      with Sickles at Gettysburg. Was Sickles wounded at Anitetam too?

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 17, 2006
        > Mary:
        > Apparently, they don't know where Charlie is buried. Here is part of the
        > post from Chester Co.
        > "Charley was wounded at Antietam by a piece of shrapnel and died
        > September 20, 1862. Although his exact burial place is unknown it is
        > probably
        > at Antietam. His family's burial plot is at Green Mount Cemetery and the
        > memorial [to King] is appropriately been placed there."
        > Paula

        Thanks.. I had thought that his body was returned to Chester County
        Mary
      • 128thpa@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 17, 2006
          I was trying to save time and I was answering two questions on two different people in the same post. I did mention the two names separately in the two paragraphs.

          Charlie King was killed at Antietam. Gustav Schurmann was with Sickles at Gettysburg.

          Paula
          From: <richard@...>
          ahhhhhhhhhhh