Re: [TalkAntietam] photograph

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
      Dear Ron,

      I checked the back of Frassanito's book to see if he listed where he
      obtained the photo from, but nothing really specific came up.

      You might wish to try the West Chester, PA County Historical
      Commission...........if they are aware of the photo and perhaps where
      a copy might be available.

      Hope this helps.............

      Very respectfully,

      to preserve it, save that of honour."

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
        I'm not sure if it would be at Antietam but you might try writing the
        Chester County Historical society in West Chester, PA since king was from
        that town. Or the picture may have come from Westbrook's History of the
        49th PA Volunteers from the altoona times 1898.
        bluelady
        > Does anyone know if the photograph of Charley King that Wm Frassanito uses
        > in his book "Antietam The Photographic Legacy of America's Bloodiest Day"
        > on
        > pg 193 is available at the battlefield? I would very much like to get a
        > copy of it if it's available.
        >
        > Regard,
        > Ron Church
        > Manchester MD
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ron Church
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
          Thank you Mary,
          Will give it a try, appreciate the suggestion.
          Best Regards
          Ron