photograph

  • Ron Church
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
      Does anyone know if the photograph of Charley King that Wm Frassanito uses
      in his book "Antietam The Photographic Legacy of America's Bloodiest Day" on
      pg 193 is available at the battlefield? I would very much like to get a
      copy of it if it's available.

      Regard,
      Ron Church
      Manchester MD
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
        Dear Ron,

        I checked the back of Frassanito's book to see if he listed where he
        obtained the photo from, but nothing really specific came up.

        You might wish to try the West Chester, PA County Historical
        Commission...........if they are aware of the photo and perhaps where
        a copy might be available.

        Hope this helps.............

        Very respectfully,

        to preserve it, save that of honour."

        > Does anyone know if the photograph of Charley King that Wm
        > Frassanito uses
        > in his book "Antietam The Photographic Legacy of America's Bloodiest
        > Day" on
        > pg 193 is available at the battlefield? I would very much like to
        > get a
        > copy of it if it's available.
        >
        > Regard,
        > Ron Church
        > Manchester MD

        > Service.

      • Mary Hawthorne
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
          I'm not sure if it would be at Antietam but you might try writing the
          Chester County Historical society in West Chester, PA since king was from
          that town. Or the picture may have come from Westbrook's History of the
          49th PA Volunteers from the altoona times 1898.
          bluelady
          > Does anyone know if the photograph of Charley King that Wm Frassanito uses
          > in his book "Antietam The Photographic Legacy of America's Bloodiest Day"
          > on
          > pg 193 is available at the battlefield? I would very much like to get a
          > copy of it if it's available.
          >
          > Regard,
          > Ron Church
          > Manchester MD
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ron Church
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
            Thank you Mary,
            Will give it a try, appreciate the suggestion.
            Best Regards
            Ron