Q: Touring Nicodemus Heights?

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
      Is any part if the Nicodemus Heights area of the battlefield open to
      the public? I've heard reports of people getting over there, but not
      sure when or how...

      TIA,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
        Dear Brian,

        I am not sure, but I am blind copying one of the rangers whom I know
        is at Antietam NBP. Perhaps he can offer some assistance.

        Very respectfully,

        to preserve it, save that of honour."

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2006
          No it is private property, although under scenic easement protection.
          It can be done but you need tosecure the owner's permission first.

          >>> bdowney@... 01/11/06 4:06 PM >>>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
            Every couple of years the rangers set this walk up as one of their
            tours. I went up there about a year ago on a tour that Keith gave. It
            was really nice to be up there, but as I was running around like a
            crazy man taking pictures I hardly had a chance to soak it in.

            Stephen