Re: [TalkAntietam] Confederate Signal Stations

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
      Dear Dave,

      I think you are on to something here and it would stand to reason about the
      ANV. However, Lee was using, despite his injuries, excellent management
      style as opposed to Mac during this battle.

      Another key factor in the Confederate ability to have troops in the
      threatened areas at the right moment was, with the exception of A P Hill,
      the movement of Confederate troops up from Harpers Ferry area via
      Shepherdstown, which brought them right past Lee's HQ.

      Very respectfully,

      to preserve it, save that of honour."

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        Dave,
        This is a topic worthy of pursuit. I don't recall anything on it
        off-hand and I am away from my sources. Joe Harsh did a lot of digging
        on Lee's decisions through the 15-17th and how he got information. I do
        not recall anything in Taken at the Flood about it, but will ask him if
        he recollects anything he discovered about it. I owe him a call anyway,
        and will be happy to get back to you if he has anything.
        Tom

        >>> flagflop@... 01/04/06 3:35 PM >>>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
          Dear Tom,

          How is Joe doing? Has he recovered from his stroke?