Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: Weverton Pass

  • James Rose
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 4:09 AM
      Teej,

      I think that I see the pass.  If I understand the map correctly (it's not labeled) Weverton is only a mile or so south of Crampton's Gap.  The West Point Atlas is not a great topographic map, so it is fairly hard to judge the advisability of trying to force that pass.  Crampton's Gap does look like a much better place to get through to the valley.

      Jim Rose

      Teej Smith wrote:
      Jim,

      Unfortunately the only description Stine gives is that it was a
      few
      miles below Harper's Ferry and that it was occupied by Wright's and
      Pryor's Brigades of Anderson Div. Does that tell you where it might have
      been located? Is it known by another name?

      Teej

    • hjs21@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2 11:20 PM
        In a message dated 6/30/2001 8:04:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        clemens@... writes:

        << Yes. Crap. >>

        C'mon, Tom. Don't hold back.

        Harry