Re: [TalkAntietam] Confederate Signal Stations: localgeography and map comment request

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2005
      Dear Tom,

      You are correct. In fact, that was one of my strong points during the
      personal tour I gave a friend two Saturdays ago, in explaining to him "why"
      Lee stopped at Sharpsburg and ultimately why he chose to fight Mac
      there...despite only one escape route and with the Army's back to the
      Potomac River.

      Very respectfully,

      to preserve it, save that of honour."

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2005
        Dear Tom,

        Gaddy's article on the AOtW website says, IIRC, Sneden was in Washington
        City during the Maryland Campaign. What I wonder is how he go so much
        "correct" if he was not there, despite all the flaws?