Re: Press release: "Lincoln and Lee at Antietam" DVD

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 4, 2005
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@c...>
      wrote:

      > I think I can guess what the documentary will cover. Lee, with
      complete
      > command of the situation and with psychic abilities to know what his
      > cowardly opponent will do,

      Beats having the psychic ability to know what's on a DVD before you
      even see it.
    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
        Well, I was exposed to gamma rays early on.

        > I think I can guess what the documentary will cover. Lee, with
        complete
        > command of the situation and with psychic abilities to know what his
        > cowardly opponent will do,

        Beats having the psychic ability to know what's on a DVD before you
        even see it.

        Civil
        history

        Civil
        battles

        Civil

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "TalkAntietam

        _____

      • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
          Works for me....

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
            Jeff,

            If there is one thing of which I am absolutely certain it is that you are
            exactly who they had in mind while this was being developed.

            Have a super day!

            Harry

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
              Like I would need to spend $25 to discover that McClellan blows?

              On Behalf Of Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
              Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:17 AM
              To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
              DVD

              Works for me....

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                Seems a small price to pay for affirmation, baby!

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                  But I bought LTR in paperback for about $5.95 in 1989!

                  Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:50 AM
                  To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                  DVD

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                    That and Battle Cry of Freedom is about all you need.

                    Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:50 AM
                    To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                    DVD

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                      And any other randomly selected CW book, but let's not quibble.

                      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 11:36 AM
                      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                      DVD

                      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:50 AM
                      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                      DVD

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                        Yep, they all tell the same story. I wonder why there are so many of them.

                        And any other randomly selected CW book, but let's not quibble.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                          Some parts are duller than others. It's usually a good idea to skip
                          11/61 through 11/62. Things pick up after that.

                          In OTHER news, as I continue with "Team of Rivals," I was thinking last
                          night that Seward gets the nomination...Seward wins....and then
                          President Seward lets Sumter go because he's maintaining federal
                          authority at Pickens....and when northern public opinion gets too much
                          for him to bear by the end of summer, he starts wars with Mexico,
                          England, and France.

                          Thank God for Aberrhim Lincoln.

                          But that has little to do with Antietam, doesn't it?

                          Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:31 PM
                          To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                          DVD