RE: [TalkAntietam] Press release: "Lincoln and Lee at Antietam" DVD

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005
      Wow. All that and they managed to leave McClellan's name completely out of
      it!

      I think I can guess what the documentary will cover. Lee, with complete
      command of the situation and with psychic abilities to know what his
      cowardly opponent will do, masterfully conducts his campaign but is foiled
      by the loss of SO 191. Despite being outnumbered nearly 350 to 1, he
      manhandles his Union counterpart who is afraid to fight. Lincoln, the
      master politician, turns Lee's crushing victory into defeat by issuing the
      EP. Then he jettisons his traitorous general and continues his search for
      the perfect commander. Yadda yadda yadda.

      Harry

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005
        Oh now Harry, don't you know that you have to be in academia and much
        older before you can be so cynical!

        >>> hjs21@... 12/03/05 5:35 PM >>>
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 4, 2005
          --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@c...>
          wrote:

          > I think I can guess what the documentary will cover. Lee, with
          complete
          > command of the situation and with psychic abilities to know what his
          > cowardly opponent will do,

          Beats having the psychic ability to know what's on a DVD before you
          even see it.
        • Harry Smeltzer
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
            Well, I was exposed to gamma rays early on.

            > I think I can guess what the documentary will cover. Lee, with
            complete
            > command of the situation and with psychic abilities to know what his
            > cowardly opponent will do,

            Beats having the psychic ability to know what's on a DVD before you
            even see it.

            Civil
            history

            Civil
            battles

            Civil

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "TalkAntietam

            _____

          • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
              Works for me....

[...]

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/GmiolB/TM
            • Harry Smeltzer
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                Jeff,

                If there is one thing of which I am absolutely certain it is that you are
                exactly who they had in mind while this was being developed.

                Have a super day!

                Harry

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                  Like I would need to spend $25 to discover that McClellan blows?

                  On Behalf Of Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
                  Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:17 AM
                  To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                  DVD

                  Works for me....

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                    Seems a small price to pay for affirmation, baby!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                      But I bought LTR in paperback for about $5.95 in 1989!

                      Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:50 AM
                      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                      DVD

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                        That and Battle Cry of Freedom is about all you need.

                        Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:50 AM
                        To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                        DVD

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                          And any other randomly selected CW book, but let's not quibble.

                          Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 11:36 AM
                          To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                          DVD

                          Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:50 AM
                          To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                          DVD

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                            Yep, they all tell the same story. I wonder why there are so many of them.

                            And any other randomly selected CW book, but let's not quibble.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 5, 2005
                              Some parts are duller than others. It's usually a good idea to skip
                              11/61 through 11/62. Things pick up after that.

                              In OTHER news, as I continue with "Team of Rivals," I was thinking last
                              night that Seward gets the nomination...Seward wins....and then
                              President Seward lets Sumter go because he's maintaining federal
                              authority at Pickens....and when northern public opinion gets too much
                              for him to bear by the end of summer, he starts wars with Mexico,
                              England, and France.

                              Thank God for Aberrhim Lincoln.

                              But that has little to do with Antietam, doesn't it?

                              Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:31 PM
                              To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                              DVD