20th New York monument dedication

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2005
      I recently acquired a badge for the dedication of what looks to me like
      the 20th New York monument just outside the visitor center. The badge
      says "Dedicated September 17, 1896". John Schildt's Monuments at
      Antietam says that the 20th NY monument was dedicated in 1910. In the
      book New York at Antietam it says 1911. I'm at a loss. Anyone know of
      any monuments at Antietam that were dedicated on Sept. 17, 1896? Thanks.

      Stephen Recker
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2005
        Now that I look at it, I think it may well be the 9th New York monument
        badge. That monument was dedicated on May 28, 1897, but I can imagine
        that they may have made the badge in anticipation of it being dedicated
        the previous fall. Anyway, if anyone has any other info I would love to
        hear it. Thanks.

        Stephen