Re: [TalkAntietam] New member

  • bdowney@aotw.org
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2005
      Hi David - it's good to have you here - welcome indeed! Look forward to hearing more form you
      as we go,

      Regards,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2005
        I recently acquired a badge for the dedication of what looks to me like
        the 20th New York monument just outside the visitor center. The badge
        says "Dedicated September 17, 1896". John Schildt's Monuments at
        Antietam says that the 20th NY monument was dedicated in 1910. In the
        book New York at Antietam it says 1911. I'm at a loss. Anyone know of
        any monuments at Antietam that were dedicated on Sept. 17, 1896? Thanks.

        Stephen Recker
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 3, 2005
          Now that I look at it, I think it may well be the 9th New York monument
          badge. That monument was dedicated on May 28, 1897, but I can imagine
          that they may have made the badge in anticipation of it being dedicated
          the previous fall. Anyway, if anyone has any other info I would love to
          hear it. Thanks.

          Stephen