Re: [TalkAntietam] metal, raised five-point stars

  • Marc73@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2005
      In a message dated 11/21/05 3:05:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      clemenst@... writes:

      Older structures used through-bolts to stabilize large buildings and
      the builders often used different motifs as a "washer" to show on the
      outside.

      Quite a few of the older farm houses in my area have this stabilization star
      system. Very common in central PA...

      Marc Riddell

      83rd PVI
      2nd USSS
      Potomac Legion
      Cent'l PA Rowing Association-President
      _http://www.rowpa.org_ (http://www.rowpa.org/)
      "Have You Flogged Your Crew Today?"

    • Brian Downey
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2005
        Thanks guys,

        I've seen these too - usually from maybe 6" to 18" across? Look like
        cast or maybe forged black iron? I'll ask if these were what our
        curious visitors saw.

        Thanks again,
        Brian