Re: [TalkAntietam] Ok this is a gettysburg question but it may have happened at Antietam?

  • Curt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30 5:03 PM
      James,

      This was Maj. Gen. Isaac R. Trimble, a fine, if irascible commander. He
      was badly wounded at Second Manassas and so, missed Antietam. He had
      the command of the Valley District at the time of Gettysburg but was in
      effect a supernumerary. He took over Pender's Div. at Gettysburg, vice
      Pender MWIA. He was wounded and capt. in the Pickett-Pettigrew-Trimble
      charge.

      Curt Johnson
      McLean, Va.