Re: [TalkAntietam] 1st Minnesota @ Antietam

  • historygirl@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 24, 2005
      Steve,
      There is a stone wall west of the bypass on Lynn Flook's farm which is supposedly that wall. It seems a little too far north to me, but haven't looked at it closely. I think Jay Luvaas identified it as the wall. Maybe it extended farther south and east before the bypass was put in.
      Tom Clemens

      ---- Stephen Recker wrote:

      =============
      I'm trying to find any sites specific to the 1st Minnesota at Antietam,
      especially the stone wall that they took a position at near the
      Poffenberger farm. I'm guessing that it got flattened when Rt. 65
      Bypass was put in, but am not sure. If anyone has hints I'd love to
      hear them Thanks.

      Stephen Recker

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      *> To visit your group on the web, go to:

      *> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      *> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 25, 2005
        Dear Nick,

        As another person somewhat knowledgeable about the Battle of Sharpsburg and
        in particular about the Sunken Road fight, I might possibly be able to be of
        assistance...depending on when your group makes its trip.

        Very respectfully,

        to preserve it, save that of honour."

        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 25, 2005
          I'll keep you posted. Sounds like we'll have a wealth of knowledgable
          people wanting to join along, sounds good to me.
          --Nick

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 5, 2005
            I just got a call from a woman who needs two Manassas tour guides from
            2pm - 4pm this Saturday. If you would like me to pass on your name
            please contact me by private email. Thanks.

            Stephen Recker
            Director, Antietam Tours

            P.O. Box 705
            Sharpsburg, MD 21782
            240-217-3664
            800-417-9596

            http://www.virtualantietam.com
            http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
            http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 5, 2005
              Stephen;

              When do you plan the next phase of initial tests for possible Antietam Tour
              Guides?

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 5, 2005
                Can't help, my daughter is getting married that day. Would like to talk
                wit hyou about SHAF's website when convenient.

                >>> recker@... 10/5/2005 2:30:03 PM >>>
                I just got a call from a woman who needs two Manassas tour guides from

                2pm - 4pm this Saturday. If you would like me to pass on your name
                please contact me by private email. Thanks.

                Stephen Recker
                Director, Antietam Tours

                P.O. Box 705
                Sharpsburg, MD 21782
                240-217-3664
                800-417-9596

                http://www.virtualantietam.com
                http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
                http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com

                American civil war Civil war history Civil war American civil war book
                American civil war art Civil war battles
                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 5, 2005
                  Stephen,

                  I would suggest you contact Dick Weeks directly. He is very knowledgeable
                  about the field.

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 5, 2005

                    Thanks for the question. Tests are being given on an as-needed basis.
                    Anyone who is interested in taking the test to be a guide at Antietam
                    National Battlefield should contact me directly and we'll get you
                    signed up. Thanks.

                    Regards,