Re: [TalkAntietam] Re Sunken Road at Anniversary

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
      Tom Shay,
      Sorry I missed you on Saturday. The festival was good, much smaller
      than past years, but the junky stuff was cut, much to my satisfaction.
      I was able to take in some ofhte stone house tour in Sharpsburg
      sponsored by the Sharpsburg Historical Society. The large stone Piper
      House on the corner across from the Lutheran church was open, and
      fantastic. Still has a bullet lodged in an upstairs door. I was not
      able to get toall, but some of the gems were great.
      Tom C

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
        On the Sharpsburg Pike tour I learned some neat things about the US
        Regulars connecting the Bloody Lane Union troops with the 9th
        Corps...for just a few minutes. We went to some less-visited land along
        Lee's center. Very interesting.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
          What is the best source for info on the 1st Minnesota at Antietam?
          Thanks.