Re: [TalkAntietam] A few news items

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
      They have a guy (I had his web site at one point in my life but have long
      since lost it) who takes stills with an authentic Gardenresque CW era
      camera. They were going to use it for "background" on the show. The
      producer won a Peabody for a doc he did on the McCarthy era. All ten of
      these shows are produced by "award-winning" producer-directors. I'm thrilled
      that they selected Antietam over Gettysburg. When speaking to groups I tell
      them that Antietam belongs on the same list with Bunker Hill, Gettysburg and
      D-Day, and if that list can only have three names on it -- take Gettysburg
      off and put Antietam on. The History Channel (at least this time)
      apparently has done just that.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
        Richard,

        Would the photographer be Rob Gibson?

        Very respectfully,

        to preserve it, save that of honour."

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
          The work is very similar, but Gibson's web site is different. I think this
          may be a different guy.