Re: [TalkAntietam] A few news items

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
      Nothing that I can add. I saw them filming some, but was not involved.

      >>> richard@... 09/13/05 4:08 PM >>>
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
        They have a guy (I had his web site at one point in my life but have long
        since lost it) who takes stills with an authentic Gardenresque CW era
        camera. They were going to use it for "background" on the show. The
        producer won a Peabody for a doc he did on the McCarthy era. All ten of
        these shows are produced by "award-winning" producer-directors. I'm thrilled
        that they selected Antietam over Gettysburg. When speaking to groups I tell
        them that Antietam belongs on the same list with Bunker Hill, Gettysburg and
        D-Day, and if that list can only have three names on it -- take Gettysburg
        off and put Antietam on. The History Channel (at least this time)
        apparently has done just that.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
          Richard,

          Would the photographer be Rob Gibson?

          Very respectfully,

          to preserve it, save that of honour."

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
            The work is very similar, but Gibson's web site is different. I think this
            may be a different guy.